The following statement sets out the Operator’s policy relating to the collection, storage and use of personal information in the course of its business.
In this policy:
- (a) we”, “us”, “our” or “the Operator” means William Hill Australia Wagering Pty Limited ABN 14 106 487 736 (which operates William Hill and Centrebet). A reference to “the Operator” shall be deemed
to be a reference to any one or more of William Hill Australia Wagering Pty Limited and
- (b) “William Hill Group” means the Operator and all related bodies corporate of the Operator.
We take seriously our obligation to safeguard personal information about our clients, and are committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
By using this website, registering to become an Affiliate via the William Hill Affiliates website, accessing and utilising any of the Operator Marketing Tools or accepting any reward, bonus or commission whether contained in the William Hill Affiliates Australia
You should review this page periodically so that you are updated on any changes to the policy.
Types of Personal Information we collect and hold
We collect a variety of personal information in the course of our business.
The types of personal information that we may collect and hold includes, without limitation:
- • identification information such as your name, date of birth, residential and postal address, gender, email address, telephone numbers;
- • bank account and credit card information;
- • financial information;
- • copies of identification documents such as drivers licence, medicare card, passport, birth certificate and/or utility bills;
- • personally submitted preferences;
- • recordings of telephone conversations and website activity;
- • responses to competitions, other promotions and surveys and profession, occupation or job title.
How we collect Personal Information
We will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means.
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may collect this information when you:
- • register to become an Affiliate via the William Hill Affiliates Australia website ;
- • register for an account with the Operator;
- • access or use the Operator’s website or apps;
- • use the Operator’s products and services;
- • participate in the Operator’s competitions, giveaways and other promotions;
- • contact us directly via any medium including: SMS, MMS, instant messaging, email, social media platforms, postal mail and telephone;
- • provide feedback through our ‘Contact Us’ link and apply for employment with us.
It may also be necessary to collect your personal information from third parties, including:
- • credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- • recruitment agencies;
- • identify verification providers;
- • Australian sports controlling or racing controlling bodies in relation to integrity issues and business partners and contractors.
We may also collect your personal information from other entities in the William Hill Group.
We are required by our Northern Territory Sports Bookmaking Licence to record all telephone calls we have with you. We shall make a recording of all telephone calls with you including where you place a wager, lodge a dispute, or where there is a discussion
regarding any aspect of your account. We will not tell you each time we record a call. You acknowledge this and agree to such recordings being made, and, you agree that the relevant recordings and/or any records of your transactions may be made available
to the regulatory authority to enable any dispute to be determined in accordance with William Hill’s Rules.
Personal information may also be collected by cookies when you use our website and apps. See Cookies below for further information.
Anonymous Dealings with William Hill Affiliates Australia
Should you wish to deal with us anonymously and/or with a pseudonym, we may be able to provide you with general information on our products and services. However, if you choose not to identify yourself or you wish to use a pseudonym we will not be able
to provide you with any services or process your application to become a client of the Operator or an Affiliate under the William Hill Affiliates Australia Program.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect and hold, use and disclose personal information for purposes including the following:
- • to allow you to register as an Affiliate or open an account with the Operator;
- • to provide products and services to you;
- • to enable us to perform our obligations to you under the William Hill Affiliates Australia Terms and Conditions;
- • to enable us to ensure that you perform your obligations under the William Hill Affiliates Australia Terms and Conditions;
- • for communicating with you, including sending you information about our products and services and the products and services of other entities in the William Hill Group;
- • for planning, research, promotion and marketing of our goods and services, including conducting competitions or promotions;
- • to create aggregate data about clients through demographic profiling and statistical analysis of our database to optimise our products and services and /or allow for more efficient operation of our business;
- • to maintain a credit information file on you and to carry out a credit assessment on you;
- • to establish your bona fides and to comply with our legal and statutory obligations, including our obligations relating to identity verification and reporting under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006 (Cth), our licencing obligations under the Racing & Betting Act (NT), sports betting laws, and other applicable laws.
Other entities in the William Hill Group may use your personal information to contact you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive promotional or marketing material from us or any other entity in the William Hill Group, please contact William Hill Customer Service on
1800 007 238 or email email@example.com
To whom Personal Information is disclosed
By registering with the William Hill Affiliates Australia Program and providing personal information you consent to your personal information being used by us and other entities in the William Hill Group.
We share personal information with other entities in the William Hill Group in a strictly controlled manner and does not sell personal information to other companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- • to a credit reporting agency;
- • to our contractors and external service providers associated with the operation of our business and provision of our services including, without limitation, associated data centres, web hosting providers, payment service providers, identification verification
service providers, advertising agencies, mailing houses, printers, call centres, market research analysts, IT consultants, professional advisors and consultants;
- • to law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- • to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act;
- • to Australian racing/sports controlling bodies where such controlling bodies request information to protect and maintain the integrity of the racing/sports code or where we consider any betting activity to be suspicious or unusual and to a successor entity in the event of a business transition, such as a merger, corporate reorganisation or to a purchaser of part of or all of the Operator’s assets.
Should the information be transferred to a third party, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information disclosed is protected by the third party under contractual arrangements and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We will give you a way to opt in and opt out of being contacted for promotional purposes by us and any third parties.
Verification of your identity using a credit reporting agency
We may disclose your name, residential address and date of birth to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining an assessment of whether that personal information so disclosed matches (in whole or in part) the personal information held by the
credit reporting agency. This process assists us in verifying your identity as required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Act 2006.
The credit reporting agency may prepare and provide us with such an assessment and may use your personal information including your name, residential addresses and date of birth as contained in any credit information file relating to you and other individuals
for the purposes of preparing that assessment. If you disagree with having your identity verified by a credit reporting agency, please contact William Hill Customer Service on
1800 007 238 so that we can discuss other options with you.
Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect and ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Your information is held on secure servers. We may also store personal information in telephone recordings and in hard copy or paper files.
Our employees, agents, contractors are required to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information.
Access to and correcting Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may request access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you. To access or seek correction of any of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require.
Overseas transfer of personal information
There may be instances where we may be required to send your personal information overseas or collect personal information from overseas, including:
- • where you have asked us to do so;
- • when we have outsourced a business activity or function to an overseas provider with whom we have a contractual arrangement; or
- • where we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside Australia, including the following:
- • companies in the global William Hill Group which are based outside Australia, including (but not limited to) the United Kingdom, Gibraltar and the Philippines and external service providers located in the USA.
Unsolicited personal information
Where we receive unsolicited personal information, we will determine whether or not it would have been permissible to collect that personal information if it had been solicited. If we determine that collection would not have been permissible, to the extent
permitted by law, we will destroy or de-identify that personal information as soon as practicable.
Like most websites and apps, we may collect non-personal information from your use of our websites and apps in order to assist with the administration of our websites and apps, to track site usage and to enhance your user experience. This information
is not linked to your personal information.
Once logged in your IP address is tracked against your user ID for the dual purposes of preventing fraud and creating an audit trail. This information is not used or accessed for any other purposes.
We collect and store non-personal information that we collect through cookies, log files or web beacons to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that detail their viewing preferences. This profile
is used to tailor a user’s visit to the William Hill Affiliates site and, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to users.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites and apps that you visit. When you visit the website or app again, the cookie allows that site or app to recognise your user preferences and other information. They are widely used
in order to make websites and apps work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site/app.
We use persistent cookies for the purpose of complying with government legislation.
Persistent cookies are cookies that can remain on a user’s device for a period of time that may cover multiple sessions. They are activated each time that the user visits the website or app that created that particular cookie. You can delete these
cookies using your browsers own Clear History function.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website and app features or services may not function properly without cookies.
We will not use these cookies to store information such as account details or transaction history, or to serve you advertisements.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. It is important to note however that if you block cookies from the William Hill Affiliates Australia site there are a number of functions that may not work and you will need to reset
your preferences each time you log in.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The William Hill Affiliates Australia site contains links to other sites. We encourage you to be aware that on leaving the William Hill Affiliates Australia site and accessing linked sites you will be using a site not controlled by William Hill Affiliates Australia and
If you have a complaint relating to how we handle personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer or phone 1800 007 238 and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may contact the Privacy Hotline 1300 363 992 or visit www.privacy.gov.au for information about making a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
For further information about privacy issues in Australia, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any further queries please contact our Privacy Officer or phone 1800 007 238
Last updated: 25 September 2015